SmartScan Technologies, an entrepreneurial technology company located in scenic Beaufort, SC is seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer. Join a small company environment where you can make a huge impact. You will have direct responsibility for designing, building, programming, and testing sensors and data hubs for our environmental monitoring systems.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to identify product opportunities and requirements.
- Design products to work with existing system architecture and extend the system capabilities. This includes sensor selection, board design and PCB layout, firmware programmming, and system optimization.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure testing meets regulated industry requirements.
- Create project artifacts and documentation per our product development process.
- Maintain existing products as needed.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years embedded systems development.
- 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit microcontrollers (Microchip, Atmel, Nordic Semiconductor).
- Experience with Nordic Semiconductor microcontrollers (nrf52840) preferred.
- Hardware design experience and debug experience, including PCB layout.
- Realtime embedded C firmware development.
- Various communication technologies – wireless, Ethernet, Bluetooth/BLE, Lora.
- Peripheral technologies such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB.
- Familiarity with industrial bus technologies – Modbus, 1wire.
- Familiarity with sensors and calibration principles.
- Power management and optimization.
- Good grasp of hardware and software development tools.
- Agile development process in a small company environment.
- Ability to also perform mechanical design a strong plus.
- Good attention to detail and documentation.
Energetic, hands-on, proactive individuals who like working in a small team environment are encouraged to apply.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time.
Work Authorization: Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Contact: email@example.com• 843-521-9897 • Fax: 843-521-9818